What is an engagement session, and should you have one?
An engagement session is a photoshoot of you and your future spouse taken before the wedding. Some people choose to have an engagement session for practical reasons (think save-the-date cards, using the photos on your wedding website, or even printing one out to have at the reception), while others choose to take engagement photos simply to document the love they have for each other during this very special time in their relationship. Here at Shannon Davy Photography we believe that an engagement session is also a great way to become more comfortable in front of the camera, so that you feel prepared going into your wedding day.
How to get the most from your engagement session
We love it when our couples choose a location and activity that really speaks to them as a couple. There is no need for you to dress up and go to a park if that isn't what you want to do. Instead we will plan a session that really represents who you are, and what your relationship looks like. Let's have an adventure together!
Below are some ideas to inspire you.
- go for a hike
- grab a coffee at your favourite café
- stroll through a garden
- walk around your favourite part of the city
- go bowling / roller skating / rock climbing
- have a drink together on your favourite patio
- grab a canoe and get out on the water
- go to a studio and get editorial with it
- stay in and have a cozy home session